motor boating on a twin

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Stevem

Re: motor boating on a twin

Post by Stevem »

Cool deal on the fix, but if it's only a series FX loop I do not know that I would spend the time on it as they always sound like crap at least to me, but it can depend on where where they are stuffed into the signal chain somewhat!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Curranproducer wrote:got some advice to add another filtering stage to decouple a section of the preamp, and VIOLA!!! the motorboating is gone, AND the normal channel is sounding like a true fender and the vibrato channel is very angry and crunchy cool when you turn it up all the way!!! neat-O. just so every one understands what I ended up doing. I added another 20uf/500 JJ cap tp the filter section with a 1k/3watt resistor to keep my voltage drop to a minimum and separated the 1st and second preamp stages from the "D" node of power. NOW everything is very nice. I will move onto making the fx loop work next!!!
Just to be clear, did you separate the first and second stages on both channels from the D node?
Curranproducer

Post by Curranproducer »

Yes I believe I did I will double check later today got two guitar necks I need to build 1st thing this morning
Curran

Owner of Custom Audio Mutation Recording Studio, Guitar/Amp/Pedal Repair, and Mod center in Akron Ohio
Devout Distortion Worshipper and fan of warm hugs
234-788-6141