Blues Jr reverb

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sdorer

Blues Jr reverb

Post by sdorer »

I've got a blues Jr here with a reverb circuit that isn't working. I resoldered 2 connections where the wires had snapped loose in the pan. Now I have spring noise when I wack on the pan, the classic sounding wap the side of a spring reverb sound, and this come and goes as it should when I dial up or down the reverb pot. However the guitar signal remains dry despite a working reverb tank, and I checked the wires inside the circuit board and we have continuity with the tank and the circuit board. That is as far as I've taken my search, any ideas how to further pursue this?
Reeltarded

Re: Blues Jr reverb

Post by Reeltarded »

If there is signal at the tank end of the send wire the driving transducer is messed up. It might call for a replacement tank. It's not easy to fix one. Not sure what that tank is.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Randall

Post by Randall »

If you have spring output, you can test the pan by wiring an external signal to the input of the pan. I use an ipod adapted to an rca plug, but any line level signal will tell you if the pan is working.
sdorer

Post by sdorer »

Thanks for the help. It is in fact a bad pan.