Bassman 6g6B Build

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HommeMarrBuckley

Bassman 6g6B Build

Post by HommeMarrBuckley »

Hello all.

I am looking to populate the circuit board for the Bassman 6g6B and was wondering what components to use and in reference to location.
This is my first build (not very simple huh--plentiful noobiness) but im getting confused about which version of orange caps, mallorys, sozo, etc to use and where.

Secondly, I have read that the bass channel can get a plexi tone--however this might involve another board, tubes, etc. Thoughts on that because I would really like to achieve something near to that tone if it's possible. (Dang kid you want a lot---how much u got?)

Lastly, please keep answers short and sweet. Let's not debate or argue on each other's post. If anyone has sound clips of these layouts, they would be much appreciated too.

Nazdrave
Blackburn

Re: Bassman 6g6B Build

Post by Blackburn »

Yeah, it's a pretty gainy circuit. Bass channel has 4 stages! Maybe you build it for EL34s instead? If you want a more Marshally sound, try Sozo Mustards, or if you want it more American, give the Bluemolds a shot. For savings and quick delivery, Mallory 150s. You really can't go wrong with any of them, just a matter of which you'd prefer.

David
CHIP

Post by CHIP »

Do a search for 6G6B Bassman on this forum and you find some great builds with pictures included.
dobbhill

Post by dobbhill »

I hope BillyZ doesn't mind. He's a contributor here:

http://www.billyz.net/Fender%20Bassman% ... 20mod.html

Just an idea, a good one if you want my opinion. I also own an original 6G6B. Love it! But I also miss the 5 BF Bassman's I've owned and sold, also.
I modded a friends AB165 to Trainwreck Express...Wicked!!
Enjoy the journey...
D
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.......