Liverpool Schematic and Layout for critique

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

drhulsey

Re: Liverpool Schematic and Layout for critique

Post by drhulsey »

titanicslim wrote:... I have them before me as I finally connect everything up on my Liverpool build.
Before you do anything, check the latest revisions. I had the B3+ and B5+ reversed. Check the updated LO above. I'll have to get Omar to put it into the archive. Sorry for the confusion :oops:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
titanicslim

Post by titanicslim »

Thanks, Tim

I'll go over it once more whilst I'm laid up with this ear infection. I went into the Files and checked out the lead dress on those filter caps in http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19 under "1990 Trainwreck Express Pics".

I seem to be pathologically disposed to regard people who can do lead dress like Ken F. as mutants. I think my next T'wreck will feature double decker boards for those caps, like I've seen others do. More work but, as Brother Clint said, "A man's got to know his limitations."
The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood. - Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

titanicslim wrote: I think my next T'wreck will feature double decker boards for those caps, like I've seen others do.
This LO was just meant to be a place to start. When you're building an amp for yourself, there's no right or wrong if it suits your ears. I plan to stack 20's on 40's as Ken did. I think, after discussing it with Dana and Allyn, the hookup on the filter caps is authentic.
The consensus seems to be that, since Twrecks walk that fine line between tonal bliss and anarchy*, lead dress is very important. Builders like Allyn, Dana, and others have there lead dress pattern down cold. I, on the other hand, will likely be in the chassis with chopsticks like a Chinaman on an order of mu shu pork, figuring mine out :!: But, then, that's the learning process, isn't it :?:

*Conservative as I am, a Trainwreck is likely as close to anarchy as I'll ever get :!: Yeah :!: I'm a rebel 8)
Tim

drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Liverpool layout revised above: Ground wire for R17,18 added. Thanks, Pete :!:
Tim

titanicslim

Post by titanicslim »

Thanks, guys! I had just gotten to that point in wiring my board in and was about to ask about it when I noticed somebody beat me to it. Pretty close to applying some juice, now. Gradually start hooking up the trannies (No, that doesn't mean I'm finding dates for the neighborhood girls :shock: ) and checking as I go. Wish me luck!

Dave
The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood. - Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)
novosibir

Post by novosibir »

Tim, the PT's center taps from the HT & heater secondaries are missing.

Larry
Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

novosibir wrote:Tim, the PT's center taps from the HT & heater secondaries are missing.
Larry,
Danke sehr :!: :!: Sie haben recht :!:
Tim

oggidog

Post by oggidog »

Humbly requesting some amp pics based on this layout. Thanks!
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

oggidog wrote:Humbly requesting some...
I'm in the middle of building my first Express at the moment. I plan to move on to the Liverpool next and drew this layout in preparation for that AND while waiting on Express parts. I'll be posting pics when I can and probably crying for help :cry: :D The layout was largely based on the Liverpool allynmey built:
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1738
Tim