Express layout? I'm kinda stuck on my build...

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

fzfwyv

Express layout? I'm kinda stuck on my build...

Post by fzfwyv »

Well, I'll loosely call it my build. I recently had a chassis put together by our buddy Nik. Great work BTW. But I'm trying to wire up the trannie set that I bought from Moose. I'm studying a number of the pictures and layouts but can't seem to get all the info I think I need.

Does someone have a layout that shows how the trannies should be wired up? Sorry, but I'm still struggling/learning to read a schematic as I'm doing this too.

my email: rszmagaj@comcast.net

Also, is there supposed to be a 1M resistor across the input jack? If it's not there does it matter? What does the 1M resitor do anyway?

Well, thanks very much for any answers or help. This is a very informative site.

Newbie in 'Wreckville,

Rich Szmagaj (fzfwyv)
Allynmey
Site Admin

Re: Express layout? I'm kinda stuck on my build...

Post by Allynmey »

The 1M resistor is a grid leak resistor. Put it in. Here is a layout from Nik. He originally changed some values and Richie fixed it and sent it back. Hope this helps!

Allynmey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Richie fixed it and sent it back
All except those cap values on the power supply board.. Not that that is a big deal,but just go by the same cap values used in the franchesca amp.

Richie
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

Hey guys, the "missing componet" on the switch is a metal oxide varister; in the pictures it looks like a large ceramic capacitor with MOV on it.

It's a high voltage spike protection device. It's designed to self destruct before a HV spike fries a transformer or other circuitry. I believe KF describes it's use in the "Trainwreck Pages" in the downloads area...
gnugear

Post by gnugear »

Thanks. I SOOOO needed that diagram. I've been stuck for a long time and haven't had the energy to finish my build. Now I'm ready to dive in again. :)
fzfwyv

Post by fzfwyv »

Yes, thank you for that layout! Jeff D...thanks to you too!

It is helping me. Now I am spending time disecting the Francesca pics nd comparing them to the layout.

Thanks everyone!

-Rich