Two triode reverb

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

halfbackstrat

Two triode reverb

Post by halfbackstrat »

Has anyone ever experimented with a two triode tube driven reverb?
I never really use the OD section on my ODS and thought it might be better to use that space for something I will use, the idea of having a tube driven spring reverb appeals to me but I don't have space in the chassis for a 5 triode reverb of the ODSR style.
Any thoughts?
Matt
martin manning

Re: Two triode reverb

Post by martin manning »

Search "one tube reverb" in the Dumble discussion section and you'll find quite a bit on it.
halfbackstrat

Post by halfbackstrat »

Bah! my mistake was searching two triode rather than one tube! Thanks very much Martin, I may rename this thread with the other mods I'd like to do and edit the original post Just so it doesn't go to waste, however if an Admin would like to delete this before I do so, that's perfectly alright with me :)
Matt
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

There might be something under "single tube reverb" too.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

I used an ECL86 for a reverb in one amp, really sounds great. The pentode side is similar to an EL84, triode side is like an AX7. I'll look and see if I still have the schem, but it's pretty simple to build, just an SE EL84 power amp and an AX7 return. The only real concern is the screen resistor needs to be very large, I think I settled on 220k, otherwise the tube arcs across the socket.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

EL34 World amp forum ARCHIVES has a thread on one tube reverb with numerous schematics and info on mods.

One Tube reverb
http://www.el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=7957.0

With respect. 10thtx
Last edited by 10thTx on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

I changed my Super Twin Reverb from two tubes to a single tube reverb (because I wanted to remove the "compactron" and replace it with a 12ax7). Here is the schematic. I had to put a bypass switch on it because there is a significant volume level change without the extra tube's gain. I suspect the circuit could be tweaked a little to improve things.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/files/final_ ... ic_594.pdf
"You feel like you're floating on a football field filled with marshmallows." -Dumble