New Build D-lite 22.... where to source chassis and boards?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

longislandrod

New Build D-lite 22.... where to source chassis and boards?

Post by longislandrod »

Hi,

I've been a long time reader here.

I want to build a d-lite 22 and in researching sources for parts I think to most challenging parts to find will be the chassis and boards for the pre-amp and PS sections.

Can someone to me where I can source these? And are there any mechanical drawings with specs/dimensions for this amp anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
ToneMerc

Re: New Build D-lite 22.... where to source chassis and boards?

Post by ToneMerc »

Unless there is some miracle that you can obtain a chassis and board set from Brownnote you are going to have to roll your own. In all honestly its easier to just get an ODS style chassis, board set from Marsh or either Ceriatone and build up 6V6 pair unit from that option.

I can get you the board dimensions off a BN set I have if you want.

TM
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ToneMerc wrote:Unless there is some miracle that you can obtain a chassis and board set from Brownnote you are going to have to roll your own.
Rod, check your PM for a holiday miracle...
Salvovulcan

brown note

Post by Salvovulcan »

[quote="ToneMerc"]Unless there is some miracle that you can obtain a chassis and board set from Brownnote

Hello, sorry for the question but considering that I'going to send money to brown note to get a kit, what do you mean with "Unless there is some miracle that you can obtain a chassis and board set from Brownnote "??
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Zippy wrote:
ToneMerc wrote:Unless there is some miracle that you can obtain a chassis and board set from Brownnote you are going to have to roll your own.
Rod, check your PM for a holiday miracle...
Rod has decided to wait for his build. I have a kit available.

Please contact me for details.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I see the Brown Note amps website has been updated 2015 and includes a lot of new amps/options I have not seen before but the forum is down.

So that must mean these guys are getting their kits or able to order them?
xk49w

Post by xk49w »

M Fowler wrote:I see the Brown Note amps website has been updated 2015 and includes a lot of new amps/options I have not seen before but the forum is down.

So that must mean these guys are getting their kits or able to order them?
A month ago or so I inquired and had some email back-and-forth about a chassis and some transformers. Ultimately BN didn't have the transformer set I wanted in stock. I think I was looking for a 22/44 switcher and they had only the 44W, but there were chassis and 44W sets available. Events ensued and I ended up buying something else for my build (not a 22/44 switcher) but I was led to believe there are things available.