G 12H redback ?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

tonequest

G 12H redback ?

Post by tonequest »

Wondering if anybody uses- and what they think of the 150 watt redback celestion 12" in a single twelve box - I have a oval back single 12" cab with a 100 w. blues master type head. My double 12 box has the 1265s and I have a E.V. 12L - The EVs sound fantastic clean ,but I like the 1265s in OD -- Sure would like both in one speak -- Please let me know your opinions --- Thanks many
AtomCap

Re: G 12H redback ?

Post by AtomCap »

Great speaker all around, take it with a grain of salt- its not an EVM12L or a G1265, totally its own thing but usable, would likely meld with your Bluesmaster, I've ran this driver with 3 amps so far in a single 1x12 cab from "V-Boutique"

68 Showman, very tight responsive bottom, you can bump the bass up and it wont flub, at high volume the speaker did loose resolution when playing over loops compared to the EVM12L Series II and Altec 417C I normally run..
100W EL34 HRM, a somewhat brighter sounding amp, had to go past noon on treble which normally stays at around 11oclock, bass was off the charts, nice clean resolution.
mesa mkIII, the redback just didn't work in this amp. Mk3's are such finicky amps with 1 great tone. No happy spot with clean eq, everything was just off- dunno, maybe my ears were just used to hearing the EVM12L thats been in that amp for 25 years... bleh!

overall for a new production speaker its I'd say its impressive..
Worked remarkably well Looping and in normal scenarios.
tonequest

Re: G 12H redback ?

Post by tonequest »

Thanks Atomcap - great to get a reply - Bluesmaster is bottom heavy. Does it sound Celestion ? - Thanks