Tweaking answers - Part 1 - the input

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Re: Tweaking answers - Part 1 - the input

Post by skyboltone »

Luthierwnc wrote:Hi Skyboltone,

Most of the year I work on guitars. This year I seem to working on work. At any rate, I have a donor Hammond 100E. Pretty cool amp for an EBay special. PT has dual secondaries at either 350-0-350, 275-0-275 or both (loop?). Big OT designed for 7591's at max voltage. Large enough but only 2" deep so real estate conservation is going to be challenging.

Right now I am leaning towards an 80's style. The HRM from last year has those tones covered over British 12's. Designs change nightly.

My post on scopes and frequencies seemed like a good way to get beyond assembly. To a point, you know that if you have the right DC on the spec'ed cap, you ought to get the right noise. I'm interested in what the AC voltages are doing and how the frequencies are modulated through the process. If my scope took pictures they would be an interesting road map along the path.

I'll be hanging around. See ya here, Skip
Well good to see you back around. I know I took a break for awhile and kinda drifted back in. I've got two AO-29s (6V6) and two AO-35's (EL-34) I been horsing around with. My kid's playing one of them and won't give it back to me to tweak. I do have a Hammond 7591 amp too. I plugged it in and it seems to be a 375-0-375 but I haven't ripped it out of there yet to find out if there's another winding under there. The OT is 8800/8 so I'm gonna run a pair of 6L6s into 4 ohms with it. I'm thinking 6L6 TW. KF would have liked that rather than just another clone. Oh, and check for a PM.

Anyway, I was looking for you a couple of months back for a cabinet building question but solved it.

Later
Dan
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.