Re: Redplate amps. Amazing tone

Post by dr. who »

lifted from henry's page- "RedPlate Red is standard
Black or White available" $25 extra
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

Wow! I just listened to all them clips and I gotta say that Red plate amps are
Sweet! heisthl you must have been a wizard in a past life cause you got a magic touch when it comes to building amps.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Great job Henry and I enjoy the clips.

Henry's amps have that tone I am striving for in my own builds and if I was smart I would just pickup the phone and say hey can you build me this? But I am too stubborn I guess. All I would need to do is sell off some of my amps and get a custom Redplate that would be cool. 8)

Mark
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

boldaslove6789 wrote:Wow! I just listened to all them clips and I gotta say that Red plate amps are
Sweet! heisthl you must have been a wizard in a past life cause you got a magic touch when it comes to building amps.
Thanks - It's 1 part inspiration 9 parts perspiration.
M Fowler wrote:Great job Henry and I enjoy the clips.

Henry's amps have that tone I am striving for in my own builds and if I was smart I would just pickup the phone and say hey can you build me this? But I am too stubborn I guess. All I would need to do is sell off some of my amps and get a custom Redplate that would be cool. 8)

Mark
I just checked and verified that my phone is working :)
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

:D Henry your tempting me, especially since I'm flying into SkyHarbor the middle of January to see my daughter in Mesa.
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

M Fowler wrote::D Henry your tempting me, especially since I'm flying into SkyHarbor the middle of January to see my daughter in Mesa.
If you have free time feel free to stop by I'm in North Central PHX. I will be gone for 8 days starting the 22nd (Blues Cruise) also Robben Ford's in town on the 9th if your here that early in the month.
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

heisthl wrote:
M Fowler wrote::D Henry your tempting me, especially since I'm flying into SkyHarbor the middle of January to see my daughter in Mesa.
If you have free time feel free to stop by I'm in North Central PHX. I will be gone for 8 days starting the 22nd (Blues Cruise) also Robben Ford's in town on the 9th if your here that early in the month.
OK, what's this "Blues Cruise" I keep hearing about. Sounds like something I might like... :)
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Tonegeek wrote: OK, what's this "Blues Cruise" I keep hearing about. Sounds like something I might like... :)
Yahoogle it - to see all
www.RedPlateAmps.com
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Henry thanks for the invite. 8)

I will be flying in from San Diego on the 18th and going up North Central Ave near Indian School Road to visit some old co-workers on the 19th so If your around on the 19th that would work well for me.

Possibly Monday the 18th might work depending on flight and family. :)

I got about three days to find something to do while in San Diego while my wife is in a business conference for three days.

Mark
Last edited by M Fowler on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

PM'd
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

heisthl wrote:
Tonegeek wrote: OK, what's this "Blues Cruise" I keep hearing about. Sounds like something I might like... :)
Yahoogle it - to see all
Oh yea! I did sound for Keb Mo about 8-10 years ago at a local club and really enjoyed his music. When I first started playing in bands, Johnny Winter was a strong influence on my playing style. We learned "Mean Town Blues" about the same time we learned "Crossroads". I suspect a Redplate amp or two will be showing up on the stage. :)
Have fun!
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
robertkoa

Wow

Post by robertkoa »

That was some awesome tone by ANY standards, the backing track I wasn't too crazy about -but the tones and creativity on the lead are excellent.

I strongly suggest you tighten up that backing track and treat everyone to some great stuff all the way.

So the few Redplate Clips I've heard in the past did NOT sound like they would go to medium gain like this-why does this one?

Again I want to stress that even by Larry Carlton,Robben Ford ,EJ Standards-this is some killer tone-you are correct to be floored.

And there's nothing wrong with being floored by your own tones and playing-you deserve it-one of the great things about recording( "holy crap-I can't believe that's me").
heisthl

Re: Wow

Post by heisthl »

robertkoa wrote:That was some awesome tone by ANY standards, the backing track I wasn't too crazy about -but the tones and creativity on the lead are excellent.

I strongly suggest you tighten up that backing track and treat everyone to some great stuff all the way.

So the few Redplate Clips I've heard in the past did NOT sound like they would go to medium gain like this-why does this one?
Which clip are you referring to?
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Tag

Post by Tag »

I heard Matt McClosky (sp) is getting a redplate soon. Great player and I cant wait to hear his clips. That guy knows what he is doing! :D
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Tag wrote:I heard Matt McClosky (sp) is getting a redplate soon. Great player and I cant wait to hear his clips. That guy knows what he is doing! :D
Should I sneak a little Casio sampler under the main board that plays one of your politician clips whenever you power the amp on?
www.RedPlateAmps.com