Funkalicousgroove

Re: HOW TO GET YOUR CHASSIS!!

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Skybolt, that price is chassis only.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

stelligan wrote:you are not helping those of us jonesin' for a chassis, Jim :wink:
i`ll keep him in biz myself personnally if thats what it takes! lol! You GOTTA see this! lol! jim
Funkalicousgroove

I'm not interested in supplying full runs of chassis, these are my OEM chassis, but as much work as it was for me to find good chassis when I started this project years ago, I thought I'd make it easy as I can for you all.

If you have your own Mechanical drawings and circuit layouts I can take it to my people and get you a quote, but they won't sell you different versions of my stuff.

Why would you want a tubes up version?
dguidry

Post by dguidry »

Let's just say those of you waiting will be rewarded for your patience. I just unboxed my chassis and am astounded by how good it is. I've got plenty of professionally fabricated metal chassis at work that cost three times this and aren't half as good.

Have you ever considered fabricating general purpose chassis that amp builders could use to make their own creations with? There seems to be a gap in the market if the given project isn't a super common Marshall or Fender design.

Doug Hoffman was selling simple bent aluminum chassis for a while that were un punched blank boxes. He doesn't seem to carry them anymore. That might be something that got your volume up a little higher and would have a larger market segment.

Something that came with pre stamped with something sensible would be very compelling to me.

Thanks again Funk.

Dave
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Funk,

If there is a tally happening this time, count me in.

Thanks
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

dguidry wrote:Let's just say those of you waiting will be rewarded for your patience. I just unboxed my chassis and am astounded by how good it is. I've got plenty of professionally fabricated metal chassis at work that cost three times this and aren't half as good.

Have you ever considered fabricating general purpose chassis that amp builders could use to make their own creations with? There seems to be a gap in the market if the given project isn't a super common Marshall or Fender design.

Doug Hoffman was selling simple bent aluminum chassis for a while that were un punched blank boxes. He doesn't seem to carry them anymore. That might be something that got your volume up a little higher and would have a larger market segment.

Something that came with pre stamped with something sensible would be very compelling to me.

Thanks again Funk.

Dave
Turretboards.com
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Funkalicousgroove

I plan to offer more stuff in the future, my website has a section for parts, I just have to make the time to get it all up there.

At some point I'll offer a complete kit, as well as generic Brittish, Angled front American, and small box chassis american.
dguidry

Post by dguidry »

Great! Thanks to you both.

Dave
tele_player

Post by tele_player »

I just got my two chassis - they're beautiful. Time to decide what to put in there, and start scrounging up the parts. Fun, fun!
pedro

My Broadband provider made me miss this !!!

Post by pedro »

Funk,

after begging up front because I'm in the UK , I then go and miss out because my broadband provider left me without a connection for the LAST 3 WEEKS !!!!!! Absolutely &%$p service. :evil: :evil:

I am now switching provider but have missed out on the chassis order.
As we say in the UK - Sod's Law !

PLEASE count me in on the next run - I am desperate to build up my next amp i a decent chassis.

Heres hoping

Pete C
Funkalicousgroove

So far there is enough for everyone, you should be cool!