Centrifugal Jam, dirty tone then clean tone

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dogears

Centrifugal Jam, dirty tone then clean tone

Post by dogears »

First half with OD, then clean tone.... Just a morning quicky to start the day off right. OD is bridge pup, clean is neck. Punched in the clean solo on a lick I did not like on the OD solo. LOL

Amp is 6L6 50 watt with Bluesmaster PI, presence, and feedback. HRM stack for OD tone. G1265 speaker.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/music/Centrifugal.mp3
heisthl

Re: Centrifugal Jam, dirty tone then clean tone

Post by heisthl »

:shock: Man you are a monster - you could have played those chops through a Crate or a Peavey and I would still like it.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Fischerman

Post by Fischerman »

Sounds great! And great playing too.

Still trying to get all these options sorted out...Scott I thought I had read elsewhere that you preferred BM-values with EL34s...is that right? So I guess BM obviously works well with 6L6s too? I guess I just expected EL34s with all the BM and HRM stuff...but that clips sounds great to me.
dogears

Post by dogears »

I like 6L6, EL34, and KT77 with these amps. My only gripe with the EL34 is the compressed bass. I kind of like the big extended 6L6 bottom. You do need to adjust the HRM when switching between tubes. I think maybe the treble was a hair high on this one. I may lower the bass 5% and bump the mids 5% as well. I also have .022uf caps int he HRM. Later today, the .02uf PS series are going back in. They gently alter the shape of the tonestack EQ curve as they are 10% smaller.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Fwiw, the SM57 mic is a little spikey me thinks.....
mat

Post by mat »

Great clip ! Nice and smooth 8)
mat
ayan

Post by ayan »

dogears wrote:First half with OD, then clean tone.... Just a morning quicky to start the day off right. OD is bridge pup, clean is neck. Punched in the clean solo on a lick I did not like on the OD solo. LOL

Amp is 6L6 50 watt with Bluesmaster PI, presence, and feedback. HRM stack for OD tone. G1265 speaker.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/music/Centrifugal.mp3
Very nice clip. Scott. Straight HRM with BM PI, if I understood you correctly? Super cool.

Gil
fabiomayo

Post by fabiomayo »

VERY nice. A bit bright but terrific tone, especially the lower notes. Greasy!
Terrific clean tones too.
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

dogears wrote:I like 6L6, EL34, and KT77 with these amps. My only gripe with the EL34 is the compressed bass. I kind of like the big extended 6L6 bottom. You do need to adjust the HRM when switching between tubes. I think maybe the treble was a hair high on this one. I may lower the bass 5% and bump the mids 5% as well. I also have .022uf caps int he HRM. Later today, the .02uf PS series are going back in. They gently alter the shape of the tonestack EQ curve as they are 10% smaller.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Fwiw, the SM57 mic is a little spikey me thinks.....
57 is great for blues then,you need a spike w/that stuff! to me, if you lowered the lower mids you`d just nail robben`s tone. of course that may not be what yer after..:) A Tele might be diff, can ya record w/one? KILLIN tone..

jp