Ultraphonix adventure

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: Ultraphonix adventure

Post by Reeltarded »

dorrisant wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:21 pm Nice clips! I love how it sustains even the most delicate notes. Really apparent when you were playing more than one note at a time. I love that!! I dropped that plates to around 145v on for V1 in my build. Gonna let that live for a while. What are you seeing there at V1?
I will have to check again I juggled nodes around when I deleted extra stages. It is CRAZY when I am in an almost fully 'clean' setting and reamp to just above unity. At a point around loud talking it starts to sing insanely. This amp has weird PI, 150k grid leaks and 91/110k with .1u couplers.

Just chnged the out couplers to 22n going para another pair for 44n. 22n is tiny sounding rip your face off.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

D3E9350C-1DC6-49D4-A03B-D96902EBD540.jpeg
o m g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I have a suggestion for someone with a Fenderish mule amp.

Follow the UP normal channel up to the mixer and put a 100k/1k5/25u stage there with a gain control as a master.
stephenl

Post by stephenl »

Reeltarded wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:32 am im worn out please accept my sloppy clips ive been writing terrifying jokes for 40 hours

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7krctki16881 ... y.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6kb17b4crv28hv/wcm.MOV?dl=0
Love it!
Which version, in this thread, are these clips made from? Is it the schematic that Bepone posted early in the thread or after your suggestion of .68 bypass caps, extra stages and 9.1k/10k cold clippers? Different PI?
Steve
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

This is a step away from the scheme bepone posted. My output grid leaks are 150k, .044u coupling, PI 91/110. My PI setup is 470r/100k/.22u.

I have controls for each gain stage (x2). .68 bypass x3. I have other switching options for mixer bypass and bright selection on first stage.

I traded the RFT 34s out for BIG GE 6ca7s tonight and lost a little mid fur for a touch more definition. It's monsterous. Blackburn, Amperex, Amperex.

If I had this amp in 1982 I would have ruled the World. hahaha
Mark

Post by Mark »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:32 am This is a step away from the scheme bepone posted. My output grid leaks are 150k, .044u coupling, PI 91/110. My PI setup is 470r/100k/.22u.

I have controls for each gain stage (x2). .68 bypass x3. I have other switching options for mixer bypass and bright selection on first stage.

I traded the RFT 34s out for BIG GE 6ca7s tonight and lost a little mid fur for a touch more definition. It's monsterous. Blackburn, Amperex, Amperex.

If I had this amp in 1982 I would have ruled the World. hahaha
That is might expensive glass you are putting in that amp. What modern valves comes close to those valves?

I’m particularly interested in EL-84’s. The price of a quad of Mullards is enormous.

Loved the clip of the UP amp. If I didn’t have so many amps to build already. I’d consider it.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

UNFORTUNATELY ONE BRAND

EH

And that's over, and forever. I only have one output pair of those and maybe 7-8 ax7s.

:(
Mark

Post by Mark »

Use those valves wisely.

There has been talk of a new valve manufacturer starting up, but it never seems to eventuate.

The Bassman UP circuit you are using is similar to Bepone’s circuit diagram?

Thanks again for all your assistance.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It is the one tube right side of the Bandmaster scheme. Let me look in my images.. damn.. 1900 images.. one

I am POSITIVE an amazing addition to this channel would be a third gain stage as master, much like adding OD2 from an ODS and no post channel passive master.

This. The vib channel up to the mixer.
EFABC775-946B-4DC4-885F-59CAC30B171A.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepone

Post by bepone »

project is going on!
today i have varnished fiberboards with plastic spray..tommorow will do some wiring.. :P
UP2.jpg
bepone

Post by bepone »

decided to renew some disintegrated wiring from power supply and pots..
UP2a.jpg
bepone

Post by bepone »

proceed with wiring.. this time layout and sockets wired according to original..we will see what will come out
UP24.jpg
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

This one looks great already!
neskor

Post by neskor »

I can see that PI tail resistor is 22K.
Marshall and the rest are using 10K on that position.
Did you try to compare 22K vs 10K on that position?
Thanks.
bepone

Post by bepone »

10k should be, following Marshall style in Up's and i wanted to be that resistor = draloric LCA, no other..but i didnt have 10k, only 12k in that moment, only looks like 22k :P