Clean Reverb

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

TUBEDUDE

Clean Reverb

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Greetings citizens,
Do any of you route the clean signal to the reverb while you have the hot channel selected? Or have a pre/post send to the reverb for this?
I find it keeps a little sparkle in the mix when the main tone is crunchy.
It's subtle at the verb levels I normally use but adds " life" to the signal.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
maxkracht

Re: Clean Reverb

Post by maxkracht »

I have thought about it but never actually tried. I rarely build amps with channel switching so It hasn't really come up. Do you have a schematic with your preferred way to accomplish this?
two tone

Post by two tone »

I do. I split the signal coming from the guitar. A is going to fet booster into Dumble Style amp ,B goes to tuner and a Delay pedal ( 100%wet) into a 5 w Combo . Love it
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

maxkracht wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:44 am I have thought about it but never actually tried. I rarely build amps with channel switching so It hasn't really come up. Do you have a schematic with your preferred way to accomplish this?
I just tap the signal after an early gain stage and send it to the reverb (It sounds best if the verb return stage goes directly to the other input of the P.I.)
The rest of the signal progresses through the relays, hot channel, FX loop etc. to the main P.I. input.
Here's an early example. Excuse the sloppy schemo, I'm a little old school to use these newfangled software programs.
20221011_081709.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Cool, thanks! Will have to play around with that sometime. I have also had overdriving a later stage pentode on my list of things to try.
TUBEDUDE wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:40 am Excuse the sloppy schemo, I'm a little old school to use these newfangled software programs.
Looks pretty neat to me. I do everything on graph paper and erase things 10 times before I am happy...