Gibson GA-50 tone stack

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

yaanno

Re: Gibson GA-50 tone stack

Post by yaanno »

Just for fun I went through a few available GA series amp schematics (same-ish era) and found interesting differences to a seemingly similar tone stack. These might be drawing errors from Gibson or others (i used diagrams from the el34 vault). Omitted the values and focussed on the arrangement. Damn you Gibson :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yaanno

Re: Gibson GA-50 tone stack

Post by yaanno »

Stevem wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:50 pm It might interest you to see the schematic for my 54 GA77.

This amp sounds amazing and especially when you jump both channels.

Anyone of the 30 or so that have played it want to buy it.

This model amp was made in true Gibson fashion with like 3 different tube complements this version is the most rare and in fact took me two years to find a schematic for it.

A very big part of this amps feel and tone when cranked Is the 6J5 pi tube and the 15” Jensen Alnico magnet speaker.

You could sub the 9 pin preamp tubes for octal’s with a pt having more heater current.
Thanks for sharing! I did some research at it sounds fantastic. Looks like there are several versions of the GA-77. That 6J5 must push the power amp nicely :)