Yes, but I'm not going to admit it!
14%
No! Never!
26%

Total votes: 145

Cygnus X1

Re: Electric Shock

Post by Cygnus X1 »

Bob S wrote:Remember guys - it's only a shock if you're not expecting it.
And by the way, 120 vac only counts as a surprise.
Be Lucky... :roll:
120V AC going through my foot to my hands goes through my heart.

...Which put me on my ass.

(I ain't been right since).
Glad no one was watching!
:oops:
azatplayer

Re: Have You Ever Been Shocked Working On An Amp

Post by azatplayer »

Ive had one that got my attention, had a lot of tickles, but this one time i was turning the chassi over to check voltages while it was running.. anywho clasped my thumb across the power switch. .
230VAC, mmmm. Well fortunately for me, my thumb was also the ground point, point of entry was ok, but the point of exit.. white hole/crater about 4mm across.
Took about 2 months to heal. That was the odd part. And it left a scar.
I was holding the amp in both hands performing a double twist whilst feeling the burn! Was just the fright i needed to quit my juggling carreer.
When i was 7 years old, i had a fascination with electricity.
I used to pull TV's apart to see what was. I remember at that age, my dad letting me wire 2 speakers in the parcel shelf of the valiant with a switch in the kick panel so mum could turn off the sound up front.
One time when my parents were out, i was about 8, i had this flywire screen off the window. Found a lead off an old kettle and cut the ends bare.
I kept attaching the ends to the screen and flicking the switch so that they burnt towards each other. Did that about 6 times before blowing the house fuse.
Then had my first experience in replacing fuse wire in the house.
Shame of it all was, i had an obvious like of electricity, but i ended up panelbeating cars. I discovered building amps 2 years ago, and it was like coming home.