Swirling phasing sound at hi output

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

solderstain

Re: Swirling phasing sound at hi output

Post by solderstain »

Okay, I admit it... I'm lazy. :oops: No, actually it's that I really don't care to wade through whatever drama is going on in those threads at other forums in order to arrive at the real content/knowlede. The lack of drama here is one of the things I love about THIS place.

Can some detail this zener diode method for those of us who don't want to wade through the GP to find it? :?:

Thanks in advance.
JD0x0

Post by JD0x0 »

solderstain wrote:Okay, I admit it... I'm lazy. :oops: No, actually it's that I really don't care to wade through whatever drama is going on in those threads at other forums in order to arrive at the real content/knowlede. The lack of drama here is one of the things I love about THIS place.

Can some detail this zener diode method for those of us who don't want to wade through the GP to find it? :?:

Thanks in advance.
I think tedweber.com has some info on it. Checkout the B+ voltage dropper
It's true i've lost my marbles and i cant remember where i put them
solderstain

Post by solderstain »

JD0x0 wrote:I think tedweber.com has some info on it. Checkout the B+ voltage dropper
I may be wrong, but I think that's something different. I know about the trick to alter B+ with zeners.
j-po

Post by j-po »

The thread at metroamp is worth reading. I will not try to explain it better than Randall Aiken. If you're lazy just check out this page:
http://www.paulamps.com/18watterbuzz.html#ResistiveLoad