Lexicon Mx200 work in an Iron Sounds Loop?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

doveman

Lexicon Mx200 work in an Iron Sounds Loop?

Post by doveman »

Anyone tried this Lexicon MX200 rack mount effect yet in a loop?

Currently, I'm using Digitech Hardwire REVERB and DELAY pedals in an Iron Sounds loop in my Brown Note D'Lite 22/33. Wondering if this rack mount might work in the loop too.
ampdoc1

Re: Lexicon Mx200 work in an Iron Sounds Loop?

Post by ampdoc1 »

I would think the rack mount effects would work much better than the pedals in the IS loop. I've tried several with good luck. About the only one that didn't was an Alesis Nanoverb. It just doesn't have enough gain out to work well.

a'doc
doveman

Post by doveman »

Picked up the Lexicon MX200 yesterday ... does work ... sounds pretty good. More actual effects choices than I expected.

The only thing is that the input level LEDs don't seem to be working on that particular unit. May take it back and trade it in for that problem ... can't see any reason they shouldn't work. Didn't work with a signal off my PA effects send either. The input level does work so I guess it doesn't really matter.

It would be nice to drop in a small rack 10" deep between the speaker and head. Might have to build something ... cover in tolex and match the amp dimensions ... 19" wide and 10" deep.
doveman

Post by doveman »

I used the Lexicon MX200 unit in the loop for about a week ... different settings ... played around with it.

Conclusion: It works fine ... good reverbs, delays and many other effects ... can run two effects at a time. It works well enough in the loop ... levels are fine. I would recommend the unit.

However: It doesn't surpass what I already have ... Hardwire Reverb and Hardwire Delay seem to sound just as good. I have been running them in the loop with my Pitchblack Tuner on a modified Pedaltrain board. The Hardwire units sound just as good for Reverb and Delay ... they have Lexicon reverb anyway.

So: I'm going to return the Lexicon MX200 tomorrow. Just no real advantage over what I already have now.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yeah, if it isn't that big of an improvement no need to keep gear you won't use.

Do you really put your tuner in the loop?

I have mine as the first in the chain in the front end so it mutes my guitar when I tune.
I use a Strobostomp 2.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
doveman

Post by doveman »

Structo wrote:Do you really put your tuner in the loop?

I have mine as the first in the chain in the front end so it mutes my guitar when I tune.
I use a Strobostomp 2.
Yes ... it works just as well in the loop ... and it mutes the signal chain too when used in the loop. I use a Pitchblack.

I have found that the only thing that doesn't really work in the loop is OD pedals. So ... I have also used Boss Graphic Equalizer, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (25k model works best), and even clean boosters like the Xotic RC Booster. Also, I can run two long Mogami cables to the stage for the loop with no tone issues.

But my chain is simple now ...
guitar > cord > D'Lite Preamp > loop to tuner > delay > reverb > loop to D'Lite Power Amp > speaker

I leave the reverb on most of the time and only rarely use the delay.