New Old Guy

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Jack Hester

Re: New Old Guy

Post by Jack Hester »

Well, it's a Swan 700CX with 117XC Power Supply. This thing is intimidating. And, there was a manual stored under it, but I still downloaded a manual. There was an MFJ 407D Keyer and an Astatic DN-50 microphone and stand. It's the same stand as the one I have with my D-104 mic, and I did not check it so see if it's a power mic stand.

I already have a wonderful collection of straight keys and paddles. So, I'll pick a nice paddle to use with the keyer.

Saturday, I'll put it on the limiter and if all is well, full line voltage/current. This thing is way bigger than my IC-745. So if I do use it, I'll have to get creative with where I place it in the hutch on the desk, where the Icom is located.

And, along with the self-doubt that I mentioned earlier, a large portion of my mind is lost. I've misplaced my camera. So, locating that for pictures is on the agenda, for Saturday. Maybe some of my mind will be there waiting, as well.

More to come. I think.

Jack
Jack Hester

Post by Jack Hester »

Ok. The Swan has begun it's journey back to the living (I hope). It's on the lamp limiter for awhile. I'll tend to some other amp projects, in the meantime, and swap from the 25 watt to a 40 watt, in a little while. More to come.

Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

I miss my D104. Awesome mics!
rhardman

Post by rhardman »

sepulchre wrote:I miss my D104. Awesome mics!
couldn't afford one as a kid…I had to settle for an EV ceramic.

The Swan kind of reminds me of my Eico tri-bander.