Today......

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Today......

Post by HeeBGB »

started out like shit for me. Left early for work, got to within 15 minutes of customer facility.....and got rear ended by some woman. Car will not start. It's a Prius and there is a small battery in the passenger side rear quarter behind the wheel that starts the car up. It got damaged in the collision and the car won't boot up. Had to get towed back from Philly to a shop near my house -$260 even though I have AAA. AAA only gives you the first 3 miles of towing. After that it's on you.....errrr....the woman who rear ended me. So anyway, I get back home and rent a car. The only available cars are mini-vans, sub urbans and.....wait for it..... a 2015 Mustang. Guess which one I took? Only a V6 though but not horrible. Ok so the day is looking up. So I was expecting a package from MJT to be delivered tomorrow.....wait for it.....It arrived a day early.

This is GREAT guitar assembly music BTW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nITBv ... 8615C10F51

pics to follow later tonight
jelle

Re: Today......

Post by jelle »

Ugh, that is not cool. And a long way from home too. Meh.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Sorry to hear that. Broke down in Philly...bummer.

I'm from Philly originally. You could have guessed it. :)

Many years ago, my friend broke down in West Philly. He has the hood up trying to find the problem. Two 'guys' come running over and tell him, "you can have whatever you want, we just want the battery."
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
matt h

Post by matt h »

(deleted)
Last edited by matt h on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

I'm a vintage Vette guy. Don't own any at the moment though. In any case the V6 is disappointing for me since I am used to....well you know!
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Sorry to hear about your day and your Prius; that's pretty beat. That is nice lookin' neck on that Tele though.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

I wants it.
Way Cool !
8)
Why Aye Man
sliberty

Post by sliberty »

Dude, your Tele has a hole in it...
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

I feel you, HB. I woke up to a crashed hard disk, 11 months of business, email and personal files gone.

Yes I backed up, but not every date/mail file from Entourage. So I've been rebuilding all day.

I've got aways to go...and with the IRS & State wanting their info in 30 days after the extension runs out.

I'd rather have been rear ended. Wait, I guess I actually was...
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
drew

Post by drew »

AAA "Plus" coverage costs a bit more but they'll tow you up to 100 miles. It's a must-have in my book.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Yea my company provides AAA coverage to me. This is the first time I have had to use it. Until today I had no idea they had different levels of coverage
mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I don't drive very much any more because of my eyesight but I have stories I could tell from 40 years of driving. I have one of those Teles being built for me as we speak. Only it's the one with the metal control plate. Can't wait...only wish I could really play...
Espjr215

Post by Espjr215 »

Southbay Ampworks wrote:I feel you, HB. I woke up to a crashed hard disk, 11 months of business, email and personal files gone.

Yes I backed up, but not every date/mail file from Entourage. So I've been rebuilding all day.

I've got aways to go...and with the IRS & State wanting their info in 30 days after the extension runs out.

I'd rather have been rear ended. Wait, I guess I actually was...
Not meant as a thread hijack but I've had pretty good luck with this disk to recover files as long as the drive isn't completely dead or encrypted.
http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage
Just a newbie looking for that perfect sound...
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

matt h wrote:The new V6 spanks most of the older V8's... just, you know, more efficiently-- ain't no shame there.
After the drive to work this morning I have changed my mind. I wouldn't say the V6 spanks most older V8 but it isn't that bad. Better than I thought anyway. Now if I can only get through a couple weeks without this thing without damaging it