YOU ALL NEED TO CALM DOWN!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: YOU ALL NEED TO CALM DOWN!

Post by Reeltarded »

Quitters never win. Winners never quit. Wow. You have really screwed this one up.

lol
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

skyboltone wrote: Oh, the Suburban. That's a 58 right? Still got the eyebrow! Is it really 4x4 or are those show off wheels.
It's a 59. And yes it is really 4x4.

Saw it Saturday at the Greenwood Car Show.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
LeftyStrat

Post by LeftyStrat »

Reeltarded wrote:Quitters never win. Winners never quit. Wow. You have really screwed this one up.

lol
I'm not a quitter, I'm a procrastinator. I plan on buying a pack for my ninetieth birthday. Along with a box of condoms.
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

LeftyStrat wrote:
Reeltarded wrote:Quitters never win. Winners never quit. Wow. You have really screwed this one up.

lol
I'm not a quitter, I'm a procrastinator. I plan on buying a pack for my ninetieth birthday. Along with a box of condoms.
I'm that way about drinkin'. I never really quit 27 years ago. I just put it off till tomorrow. I'm planning a hell of a bash though when I hit 80. Y'all come as you are. I may be drinkin' and I may not be. It just depends.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Me too. Quitting anything sucks but stopping is different and easy. Yeah.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
darryl_h

Post by darryl_h »

LeftyStrat wrote: I plan on buying a pack for my ninetieth birthday. Along with a box of condoms.
Don't get confused and smoke the condoms . . .
ampmike

Quitting

Post by ampmike »

If nothing changes ,nothing changes.today is my quit day.im to old to be messing with this anymore.My wife too!Smokes my last before bed last night.i had quit before but it creeped back into my life.My wife buys commit lozenges,cigs and a 50 dollar inhaler for asthma.How f:&?ing crazy is that?
I'm done,!!!!!!! :evil:
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
Gibsonman63

Post by Gibsonman63 »

Stay the path, Lefty. I have seen how the worst case scenario plays out up close and personal. You don't want that for yourself or for anyone you love.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I don't drink anymore.........................Or any less
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

cbass wrote:I don't drink anymore.........................Or any less

Rim shot!
Leo_Gnardo

Re: Quitting

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

ampmike wrote:If nothing changes ,nothing changes.today is my quit day.im to old to be messing with this anymore.My wife too!Smokes my last before bed last night.i had quit before but it creeped back into my life.My wife buys commit lozenges,cigs and a 50 dollar inhaler for asthma.How f:&?ing crazy is that? I'm done,!!!!!!!
That's what I'd call a Declaration of Independence! Good for you and Mrs Ampmike. Hope it sticks. I'm sure it will. You sound committed. With folks like you two and Mr & Mrs Lefty I'm glad I don't have any more Philip Morris stock. It would be losing value right about now. All the best LG
down technical blind alleys . . .
ampmike

Quitting

Post by ampmike »

Another important thing for us guys is a support group around us,My two sons still smoke,but refuse to give me one at a low point a little while ago.You need to tell other smokers in the house that you are done and they cannot enable you when a craving comes buy.they don't last forever.So I walked out of his room empty handed and that's O.K. :D
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
LeftyStrat

Post by LeftyStrat »

ampmike, I go often to this timeline for encouragement:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html

I've made it a week. I'm feeling fantastic. Don't have as many urges. Whenever you have one just jump up and do something. Take a walk or drink a big glass of water.

Good luck!
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I never smoked cigs so I don't REALLY understand that addiction. I can thank my parents and older siblings for providing me the reason to never start. I was always trapped around a bunch of chain smokers...coughing and gagging through my childhood. So I never started.

My only thought from watching others...do not think you have ever kicked it. I know quite a few people that started smoking again even quite a few years after 'quitting'. Evidently the pull remains for a long time, possibly forever.

I quit smoking weed about 20 years ago. I was a HEAVY user. I can smoke a joint at a concert, for instance, and not touch it again for many years. There seems to be no pull, but cigs seem vastly different.

Best of luck quitting and staying there, Lefty.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

vibratoking wrote:Evidently the pull remains for a long time, possibly forever.
Addiction scientists/doctors say our nerve cells develop "receptors" on their surfaces which fit the drug molecules as a key fits a lock. In the absence of the drug, the nerves wig out "looking for their fix." Doesn't matter whether it's something as innocuous as theobromine (chocolate), or more dangerous like alcohol, nicotine, heroin or others. Those nerve cells are trained once they get a taste. Takes mind over matter to beat it. Time does help but those nerves keep looking anyway.

Somebody who has a handle on this is Dr. Jennifer Michaels in western Mass. By coincidence she will be on WAMC public radio in Albany NY starting 2 PM EDT today. They will be taking callers with questions until 3 PM if you feel like calling. You can listen on the net WAMC.org or on one of their 24 repeaters up & down the Hudson Valley. Program will find its way to archives, plus WAMC may have archived several other sessions with Dr. Michaels from past Q&A sessions. Good listening. Might learn sumpin'.
down technical blind alleys . . .