chassis builders

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mcrracer

chassis builders

Post by mcrracer »

Hi guys, I am finally back online after two years off due to health problems. My eyes are a little better plus my son bought me a big monitor. Not ready to build again quite yet. I saw somewhere in the last few days a post about a "new" (to me) chassis builder who builds aluminum chassis. I neglected to bookmark the site. Does anyone have any info on current chassis makers? Thanks
Structo

Re: chassis builders

Post by Structo »

Hi mcrracer,

Welcome back!

I know there was a recent chassis thread talking about Dirty Dawg chassis, I believe his shop burnt down.

But there was another chassis builder mentioned in that thread.

I'm sure somebody will find the right thread for you.

Ha, I found it.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sis+source
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

It is Great to see you back M !!!
Haven't bought any blank chassis in a while, so I don't have a source while DDawg is down - sorry.
Bob
Why Aye Man
mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

Thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the link. Yeah that's the guy I saw. I am itching to build something but I may have to wait a little longer/
ampmike

Hey

Post by ampmike »

Great to see your back,I remember when you had the eye problems back awhile ago.Its great that your doing well!!!! Welcome back.Thanks Mikey
Jerryz1963

Post by Jerryz1963 »

mcrracer wrote:Hi guys, I am finally back online after two years off due to health problems. My eyes are a little better plus my son bought me a big monitor. Not ready to build again quite yet. I saw somewhere in the last few days a post about a "new" (to me) chassis builder who builds aluminum chassis. I neglected to bookmark the site. Does anyone have any info on current chassis makers? Thanks
That somebody is probably me. Since Brian indicated he wasn't going to rebuild any time soon (and may never rebuild) and there seemed to be a need, I have invested a lot of time and money into attempting to replace him. I have four sizes available with or without IEC sockets (allows use of a computer power cord), and hope to soon be able to offer custom sizes. The equipment is expensive and I do not want to borrow money.
I also have a vertical mill (manual, not CNC yet), so I can do rectangular cutouts for lay-down transformers, rocker switches, etc.
On ebay as jerryz1963
Shangrilaamplifiers.com
Jerry
Shangri La Amplifiers
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Jerryz1963 wrote: That somebody is probably me. Since Brian indicated he wasn't going to rebuild any time soon (and may never rebuild) and there seemed to be a need, I have invested a lot of time and money into attempting to replace him. I have four sizes available with or without IEC sockets (allows use of a computer power cord), and hope to soon be able to offer custom sizes. The equipment is expensive and I do not want to borrow money.
I also have a vertical mill (manual, not CNC yet), so I can do rectangular cutouts for lay-down transformers, rocker switches, etc.
On ebay as jerryz1963
Shangrilaamplifiers.com
So you actually do the cutout for the IEC socket? You've got my attention. Your 17x2 is $25.99. How much extra for the socket cutout, and what size?
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

There is always a need for chassis suppliers for JTM45 style, Trainwreck, Fender slants, and Dumble types both ODS and SSS.
Berger

Post by Berger »

I've got a couple with the iec cut. its very nice to have that done before hand. I like the chassis.
Aaron
Jerryz1963

Post by Jerryz1963 »

LeftyStrat wrote:
Jerryz1963 wrote: That somebody is probably me. Since Brian indicated he wasn't going to rebuild any time soon (and may never rebuild) and there seemed to be a need, I have invested a lot of time and money into attempting to replace him. I have four sizes available with or without IEC sockets (allows use of a computer power cord), and hope to soon be able to offer custom sizes. The equipment is expensive and I do not want to borrow money.
On ebay as jerryz1963
Shangrilaamplifiers.com
So you actually do the cutout for the IEC socket? You've got my attention. Your 17x2 is $25.99. How much extra for the socket cutout, and what size?
four bucks extra for the cutout and I include the socket and machine screws/nuts. I have eight versions listed now, four sizes with and without sockets . I was going to offer them prefitted with rocker switches, but nobody seemed real excited by that.
Jerry
Shangri La Amplifiers
Jerryz1963

Post by Jerryz1963 »

LeftyStrat wrote:
Four dollars for the cutout, includes socket and machine screws and nuts
Jerry
Shangri La Amplifiers
Jerryz1963

SORRY

Post by Jerryz1963 »

For some reason, when I post I keep getting an error, so I attempted to repost. I didn't realize the posts were succeeding. Sorry about that
Jerry
Shangri La Amplifiers
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yeah, it's funny that way.

One click, one post.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
billc

Re: SORRY

Post by billc »

Jerryz1963 wrote:For some reason, when I post I keep getting an error, so I attempted to repost. I didn't realize the posts were succeeding. Sorry about that
I get that all the time too, the error message implies that the post did not go but in fact it did....FWIW am using Chrome on a Mac.
Anyway, hope your chassis building endeavor works out, sounds like you are set up to produce high quality at very reasonable prices.
David Root

Post by David Root »

JerryZ, do you do thicker gauge aluminum? 3/32"? 1/8"?