Classic Rock 'n' Blues Concerts - anyone like that?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Rawktastic

Classic Rock 'n' Blues Concerts - anyone like that?

Post by Rawktastic »

FREE to listen; classic concerts at wolfgangsvault.com

Gentlemen, I'm browsing the web and wasting time as you do; Rory Gallagher is smokin' hot in the background, ripping through eighteen tunes in a little over two hours on his second night at the Bottom Line in New York City 11 November 1978.
This gig, and hundreds of other classics, can be played for free at http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/
I have just found this and hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the address.
If you already know about it then no worries; I just can't believe what's on there.
slainte.

:D
drhulsey

Re: Classic Rock 'n' Blues Concerts - anyone like that?

Post by drhulsey »

Rawktastic wrote: ... wolfgangsvault.com ...
The guy who started this site got the rights to recordings of concerts produced by Bill Graham at all the old famous venues, eg., Fillmore West and East, the Cow Palace, etc. This is a gold mine of early R&R live performances. Some of these tunes were never recorded for sale. You can spend weeks listening to classic stuff 8) Some of the concerts were before the groups had become well recognized. There have been some negative reactions to these recordings being made available on the net, but the guy owns the rights, and this site has been up for 2-3 years. You owe it to yourself to check it out :!:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
Structo

Post by Structo »

It kind of stopped me when it asked for information.

And since this is the OP's first post it kind of smelled like spam to me.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Rawktastic

Post by Rawktastic »

Tom, I was worried about it looking like spam, it has all the hallmarks but it ain't. "You owe it to yourself to check it out" - was that Tim backing up what I'd posted?

Apart from registering, I have never given any other info! I keep a few throwaway addresses (hotmail or google) to cater for sites like that - just in case!

It don't matter to me but if you like the classics it's a gold mine. Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous, is actually half of the gig that is on the site; that's how I found it.

Anyway, I'm outa here; 19:15 in Edinburgh and my lovely wife needs dinner after a hard day in surgery.

slainte,
Ade.
kec

Post by kec »

Thanks for reminding me about this site Rawk! I was already signed up, but forgot about it. Great stuff!!! Listening to the Jeff Beck Group (1968) right now...
Ken

Real guitars are for old people! - Cartman
Xmentalpilot

nice find!

Post by Xmentalpilot »

Thanks for sharing! Listening to Little Feat at the Fillmore. Dixie Checken.
Feat has to be one of the best bands ever!
titanicslim

Post by titanicslim »

Rawktastic wrote: Anyway, I'm outa here; 19:15 in Edinburgh and my lovely wife needs dinner after a hard day in surgery.
Dude- you shouldn't feed her right after surgery. :roll:
The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood. - Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Unless she is a Surgeon, Theatre Nurse, or even....... A Politician... No Belay that! Don't feed a Politician! :lol:
The Last Of The Old Contemptibles
Buschman

Post by Buschman »

Damn I love Rory Gallagher. Thanks!
I've got blisters on my fingers!