2 x 10 Super Reverb Combo

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Doc W

Re: 2 x 10 Super Reverb Combo

Post by Doc W »

vibratoking wrote:Hacking up an amp cause you think you're old isn't the right thing to do IMO. If it's too tall then forget the handle. Just give that thing a bear hug and head on up the steps. I gave up on handles on combos 35 years ago for many reasons.
Whoa, it was re-cabbed, not decapitated. I didn't take the chain saw to the box (I still have it). It was a pretty simple extraction and insertion. Four screws. Five minutes. The biggest job was putting the new speakers into the new cab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Got ya
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
Tone Snob Geezer

Post by Tone Snob Geezer »

Wow! That looks really nice and I really like the size. Is there anything you would do differently? If I am still married after this I might add some tip-back legs. Thanks for posting the picture. Georgeous Tele, by the way.
didit

Post by didit »

Just to fill in a few missing details -- the speakers are paired set of Weber 10A125 and 10F150, 4 ohms per to match the 2 ohm secondary of the original cabinet. The cabinet was built by a local Ottawa valley person working as Leyland Sound Design, who's unfortunately shut or at least paused the business. The amp is stock silverface with some repairs over the years, with some "rolled & selected" preamp tubes.

And that tele really is special. Marc Rutters built it to spec. DocW doubtless would be happy to share in details for the curious.

Best .. Ian