'63 Bassman

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Colossal

Re: '63 Bassman

Post by Colossal »

dorrisant wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:12 pm
Colossal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:17 pm I'm a little aggravated with myself. My boards are cut, but at work in a building which has since been closed due to an earthquake. So I am hoping to be able to go back in and get them at some point soon :?
Do you have any drawings? I could help you with another set of boards.
Thanks a lot, Tony! That's very kind of you. Thanks for thinking of me. No worries though. The boards are cut with the drilling templates glued on them. So I just need to drill them, sand them (to give them the matte conductive fish paper look...they are black FR4/G10) and put in the eyelets. I received word that I may be able to get back in next week, but we'll see. Thanks so much, again.

Dave
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

katopan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 am I have three main amps - the 6G6-B, Wreck Express and an 18 Watt (Lite IIb and EF86 channels) along with a few low watt amps. I love all three of the bigger ones for different reasons but the 18 Watt is still my desert island amp. :wink: But all three do what they do really well.
Yeah, I really dig the 18W tone. I have iron to build a 36W and I will likely do so with an EF86 channel.
katopan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 amI read your post about the earthquake. As if enough isn't going on! What a way to loose access to you boards. Hope you can get in to get them soon.
I may be able to get back in next week (fingers crossed).
katopan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 amLink - http://www.ppwatt.com/node/17294?page=10#comment-177807
Rhythm in both songs is the normal channel set just clean of where it starts to breakup and the treble around the tap point. Lead in the second song is the bass channel up full with treble about 7, bass at half and presence at half. Guitar is a Tele copy and speaker is a 2x12 closed back with Aussie alnicos from the 60s. Just one example in a small band context. Gig was outside on a balcony so very dry sound, and I had the PI/PA VVR turned down to suit.
I gave the clip a listen. I like the almost acoustic quality of the Normal channel. I'm sure your alnico speakers are adding to that. Very nice. The Bass channel sounds more edgy with a little grunt. I suspect it sounds very good in person. Thanks for that post.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Dave,

Sad days for me, I'm packing all my chassis and parts for my move in April.

The Bassman will just have to wait along with all my other projects. :D

Mark