Two 20 watt amps in one chassis - layout/grounding

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

TUBEDUDE

Re: Two 20 watt amps in one chassis - layout/grounding

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Keep us posted on progress. And on the baritone also. I've had an interest in those and think my big hands need a vacation on the broad plank of a bari.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
pjd3

Post by pjd3 »

I certainly will Tubetude as I am sincerely very excited in going stereo. I"m convinced I would up the presentation quality of my sound by a few levels, even though I get quite alot of compliments on my tone as it is now - (Sluckey 20 watt 6V6 plexi w/V30 spk, Strat w/Fralin Hot golds, TC Electronics reverb, Analogman Chorus, Runoffgroove Tube-to-FET conversion Marshall and Vox, germanium Fuzz Face).

The baritone is my first complete guitar build and I'm fortunate to be given guidance by luthier John Mouradian. I was only going to create it up to the fretting level and let him finish it off but, he insisted that I would have what it took to do the fret job. So I just finished that and forming the back of the neck (which I was admittedly scared to death to do) but, it came out quite fine. I need to just apply finishing to the neck, laser engrave some letters on it, assemble it and hand it over to Mouradian for the cutting of the nut and a full set up. The body is already complete. It is a 28 5/8" baritone that has a strong Celtic theme - steel wool in vinegar aged Ash, embedded Tree of Life emblem, brass Celtic cross control plate, Bronze owls and ravens, and is capable of over 40 distinct coil configurations. It is based on a Telecaster but, the entire length of the guitar has been stretched from head to toe by the same ratio as the 28.625 is over the 25.5" standard. It is truly as if you laid a Telecaster on a piece of gum and stretched the entire guitar by 11.2% (the ratio of string scale increase). Once that approach got in my head, I couldn't let if go, had to go for it - and very glad I did. I'll do a good work up on it to present it when its done, which should be within a month or two.

Thanks for inquiring and for all your generous input.
Best,
Phil D
I’m only one person (most of the time)
Kagliostro

Post by Kagliostro »

It is some time I'm working to a stereo amp based on a pair of VOX AC4 circuits (two different versions of the VOX AC4) in the same cabinet

as to try to prevent ground problems I tried to read here and there and to collect a bit of documentation

I ended with the intention to incorporate on each amp this groud circuit

Humm Loop Block Network.jpg

This way the two circuits will be separated each from other

In my amp the PT will be only one for the two circuits but each circuit will have his own PS feeded from the same PT

Franco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.