RF/ML at Safari Sam's 05/15/06 Pictures + Notes

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ayan

Re: RF/ML at Safari Sam's 05/15/06 Pictures + Notes

Post by ayan »

jazzyjoepass wrote:Gil,

Wow, thanks Gil for the pics. This is great closeup of RF's amp. Any of the back?
So you want to check the amp's ass, Mike? :D I happen to have one such picture, this was posted in an on-line magazine several years ago.

Gil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobW

Post by BobW »

Yes, thank you Gil, great pics and good analysis. BTW, how were you able to get so close to his pedals w/o getting snubbed? a zoom lens perhaps? regardless, the amp settings were also very informative. Based on his settings and your observations, I imagine he doesn't have huge iron in the OT, because usually a Les Paul really honks in the bridge PU. IMHO BobW
ayan

Post by ayan »

BobW wrote:Yes, thank you Gil, great pics and good analysis. BTW, how were you able to get so close to his pedals w/o getting snubbed? a zoom lens perhaps? regardless, the amp settings were also very informative. Based on his settings and your observations, I imagine he doesn't have huge iron in the OT, because usually a Les Paul really honks in the bridge PU. IMHO BobW
The pictures of the performance were taken from say 20-60 feet away, depending on where I was sitting at the time. I used a zoom for some those pictures and since I didn't use a flash, the photo quality suffered somewhat. For the pedal shots, I waited until the show was over and walked over and snapped a few pictures before I proceeded to take RF's amp out of the cabinet to get the pictures I am unable to share with you here for obvious reasons. :)

Gil
jazzyjoepass

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Not very clear but nice ass ... :lol:

[/quote]

So you want to check the amp's ass, Mike? :D I happen to have one such picture, this was posted in an on-line magazine several years ago.

Gil[/quote]
BobW

Post by BobW »

Thanks Gil, completely understand the reluctance to share that info on the web. Ya never know where HAD or others may be lurking.
ayan

Post by ayan »

BobW wrote:Thanks Gil, completely understand the reluctance to share that info on the web. Ya never know where HAD or others may be lurking.
Ha ha, I was obviously joking about the pictures of the inside of the amp -- in case anyone wondered for real. If I had pictures of RF's amp's guts that I had acquired myself, I would gladly post them here.

Cheers,

Gil
hitchcaster

Post by hitchcaster »

http://www.online-discussion.com/Robben ... 985718fcf4

FYI... you know 1 is a skyliner at least
ayan

Post by ayan »

hitchcaster wrote:http://www.online-discussion.com/Robben ... 985718fcf4

FYI... you know 1 is a skyliner at least
Or was at the time DUmble made the statement, while the other amp wasn't. We need pictures of the amps' insides. :)

Gil
dogears

Post by dogears »

According to a source (Mr X) close to the subject, his amp was at Dumbles for years in the early 90s getting modded. When he got it back, he was told it served as a test bed for the current configs of Larry and Robbens amps. Since Larry has a Bluesmaster, I tend to think that RF does too. Especially now combined with both listening to RF on the current Ford/Carlton clips, and the tones of the new TR Type 2 which is a Bluesmaster.

All speculation though leading back to Gil's "this thread is useless with gut shots" comment. ;)
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

I can tell you from first hand experience that LC's amp is NOT a Bluesmaster, and from what Rick Wheeler told me Robben's amp has separate masters, other than that I couldn't tell you what was in it. What I can tell you is after hearing Robben play my amp (HRM, BM PI) and his amp right after, robbens amp is "Softer" feeling, and more "Squishy" in the bass (the tan amp that is) which would lead me to think it is a Bluesmaster, but only HAD knows for sure!! :D :D
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
dogears

Post by dogears »

Whoops. Sorry for the terminology snafu. LC's amp is similar to a Bluesmaster ;)
Funkalicousgroove wrote:I can tell you from first hand experience that LC's amp is NOT a Bluesmaster, and from what Rick Wheeler told me Robben's amp has separate masters, other than that I couldn't tell you what was in it. What I can tell you is after hearing Robben play my amp (HRM, BM PI) and his amp right after, robbens amp is "Softer" feeling, and more "Squishy" in the bass (the tan amp that is) which would lead me to think it is a Bluesmaster, but only HAD knows for sure!! :D :D
dogears

Post by dogears »

...doublepost