Boost

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Plexified

Re: Boost

Post by Plexified »

dbl pst sorry
Last edited by Plexified on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

I had a Klon a while back and I loved it but ended up trading it towards an amp or something. I don't use any pedals any more and can't remember the last time I had something other than a cable between my guitar and an amp, but there are a few I wouldn't mind seeking out.
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

sorrry
Last edited by Plexified on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

sry
Last edited by Plexified on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

?
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Plexified wrote:?
When you post, don't click on your browser Back button to get out of the post function. It will double post.
Go to the Amp Garage Forum Index tab at the top of the page and start again. That works for me.
lpd

Post by lpd »

Well lots of options here. Thanks guys for the ideas. Modifying the circuit is out as I don't want to butcher Marks work. I'm horrible with a soldering gun. Building a pedal may be an option.

On another note I've discovered Amperex in the first two stages followed by a long grey plate RCA is steller in this circuit.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

I was surprised to learn the EH Soul Food is actually based on the Klon Centaur.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Dfhog

Slide Rig

Post by Dfhog »

I've been using the Origin Effects Slide Rig as a clean boost and as an "effect" compressor. It's basically two channels of the circuitry of the venerable Urei 1176 "FET" compressor. There are two channels, I set one as a clean boost with a tiny bit of compression and the second with the compression ramped up for a very Lowell George sounding clean forever sustain. http://www.origineffects.com/SlideRIG.php

geoff
pleasantbullet

Post by pleasantbullet »

BYOC overdrive 2. Its a tube screamer with some mod switches. and also a separate boost pedal in one.

I love it, you can have a few variations in distortion / boost all in one.
Plus its cheap and fun to build.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I have the MKC (Mini Klon Clone) from Guitar PCB and that is a great sounding pedal.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

I've been using a Geek Driver pedal and an AMZ MOSFET boost for leads. They are both outstanding pedals.
Last edited by HeeBGB on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbojunkie

Post by Turbojunkie »

As others have already said, a RangeMaster-type booster is just incredible with AC30/Rocket amps...but you must be running your amp somewhat overdriven already for best results...
First 25 years of playing, I never got along with EL84's...Now I think, WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH ME????
jkey04

Post by jkey04 »

I have been using the Lizard Leg Effects Flying Dragon boost for a couple years now and love it! Check it out..you will not be disappointed :)
RJ Guitars

Post by RJ Guitars »

Option 1 - A Rocket booster is almost free once you've built the amp... http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11401 ... this is maybe a little more subtle than a distortion pedal but a very cool and harmless mod to add a little boost to the "fat bottom girl" in your life....

Option 2 - I googled for all time best distortion pedals way back and to nobody's surprise the Tube Screamer was at the top of the list... but unexpectedly, the low budget Bad Monkey (TS clone) did ok on the reviews and it works extremely well - as do most pedals - with the Rocket.
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/