From Tesla to Black Holes

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

strelok

Re: From Tesla to Black Holes

Post by strelok »

My understanding is that Tesla's Magnifying transmitter was essentially a hugely scaled up Tesla coil. It was free energy in the sense that anyone could harness the electricity it transmitted into the atmosphere. Not free in the sense of random dudes broadcasting on youtube from their garage that they can violate the laws of thermodynamics and suck energy out of the universe without doing work. It still needed to be powered by some external source.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

strelok wrote:My understanding is that Tesla's Magnifying transmitter was essentially a hugely scaled up Tesla coil. It was free energy in the sense that anyone could harness the electricity it transmitted into the atmosphere. Not free in the sense of random dudes broadcasting on youtube from their garage that they can violate the laws of thermodynamics and suck energy out of the universe without doing work. It still needed to be powered by some external source.
Wow, that sounds insanely dangerous. :shock: No Johnny! Don't run into that field! I'll buy you a new soccer bal.....bzzzzzzzzschwak!
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

strelok wrote: dudes broadcasting on youtube from their garage that they can violate the laws of thermodynamics
The Whitehouse has a Youtube channel?
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
stretch2011

Post by stretch2011 »

I like to believe that there are things that we do not understand. I hate to say this (because I'm a very empirical thinking person but at the same time a realist), but science must be proven right. Then science is right till proven wrong. Trouble is it has been proven wrong and either evolved or crippled.

So do I think it is POSSIBLE to gather energy from the air? Yes, I've thought about that before Tom ever posted this. Do I know how to do it? Nope lol.

For thousands of years people didn't think it was possible to have light without the sun or fire, then the lightbulb happened. Because someone figured it out. An in reality that's all it takes, is for someone (or some group of people) to figure it out.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

There are things other than laws of physics against you.

Unity isn't going to produce anything to offset costs. You are going to have to find a power source at unity, then an efficient method of harnessing it.

People never talk about the resources it would take to build a Dyson sphere. You couldn't make one in this system. You'd have to go steal similar rocky planets from something like 100 star systems, or convert energy to matter on site, and then you are going to need the stars from around 20 of those systems.. when you get that tech producing.

It's more complicated than it is simple.

The Universe has chosen the simple method. We just have to copy it.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Tesla was good. But distributing tons of power via ionosphere, with ground being ground (as usual) I can see that it very well might muck up the upper atmosphere with devastating consequences, far outweighing the "advantage" of free worldwide distribution. Plus it would likely knock out my FM reception = bad biz, we don't like that. :evil:

When it comes to wacky science, I prefer the Casimir Effect. How they fit all those microparticles into that itty bitty space? Now that is remarkable. How can we make hay with it? There's the question.

I'd prefer to "go solar." Seems to be the best "free energy solution" yet.
down technical blind alleys . . .
13GB5

Post by 13GB5 »

The electrodynamic tether https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrodynamic_tether is interesting reading. It may be exploitable with improvements in carbon nanotube cables. We already tap into the earth's electromagnetic fields by firing tethered rockets into storms. I don't think they have managed to do anything useful with the energy yet. Although I have heard of a Doctor Frankenstein who has been working in this field.
cbass

Post by cbass »

There are all kinds off more efficient ways to produce nergy that what we are doing now . it's all about proffit and keeping power where it is. Innovative products are sold with a hush clause then buried. It's not conspiracy its business . as long as greed is the motivating factor for our race we are fucked.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:
I'd prefer to "go solar." Seems to be the best "free energy solution" yet.
It's a good idea but with the upfront cost and replacing batteries every few years its not really feasible..
IMO right now the best thing to do is insulate your home well and go with geothermal heat . Now you have 20 to 40 dollar energy bills to heat your home. The cost and upkeep of solar wi!l never offset unless there's a huge breakthrough in panel prices and battery technology.
I burn wood and my electric bill is about 60 bucks a month. I'm not gonna worry about it now but I can see myself not wanting to mess with wood asci get older. It's cold as hell in here right now cause I'm to lazy to start a fire . my soloar heat is about to kick on though
Structo

Post by Structo »

How about a personal fuel cell.

A few years back I believe BMW as well as Honda were developing Hydrogen fuel cells that could not only provide fuel for the car but power the whole house!
Units looked about the size of a large freezer, like you would keep in the garage.

Haven't seen anything at all lately........
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Structo wrote:How about a personal fuel cell.

A few years back I believe BMW as well as Honda were developing Hydrogen fuel cells that could not only provide fuel for the car but power the whole house!
Units looked about the size of a large freezer, like you would keep in the garage.

Haven't seen anything at all lately........
Hydrogen? It's tough enough using cooking gas at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuGUBPl5z8

Factoid: My Aunt Dorothy was an eyewitness to the Hindenburg explosion. Needless to say, she never went for a ride in a Zeppelin.
down technical blind alleys . . .
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

I met a fella thru my brother who was into military surplus gadgets and gizmos (and guns and vehicles). When he found out that I knew a little about electronics he pulled me over to a green metal box with yellow writing on it. About the size of a large microwave oven only a little taller. Fella says to me, "See if you can tell ne what it is."
I read the description on the side and it was some type of generator that ran on LP gas. This was over twenty years ago so I can't recall specifics, but I remember remarking that it wasn't very efficient. He laughed and said that it wasn't meant to be. It ran on thermocouples. He said it was made to power remote listening posts where they helicopter a propane tank , this thing, a satellite dish transmitter and some remote sensors to some mountaintop and let it sit for months waiting for movement. Kinda the military's version of a game camera.
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Structo

Post by Structo »

I can't seem to find the BMW hydrogen generator but here is the Honda one.

I believe in the original ad that I saw, said it could also power your house.

Big oil is not going to like that one bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Structo on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

No no no.. big whatever is big forever. Big oil would be big hydrogen.. but it won't, because of scale and safety.

Do you remember that big burning NAZI sky dildo that attacked New Jersey? Not going to have hydrogen stations. There are several good reasons and a thousand political ones. Firstly, we are talking about energy, so petroleum wind and solar get the subsidy... then there's who's going to make money as a politician.. then there are spectacular Russian crashes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJUxEQ ... r2A/videos
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

Once you take those sunbeams into your solar panels they're not free nor renewable and after that energy is consumed they're gone forever. At least that's what the interwebs say.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."