Deal on strings

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sunnydaze

Deal on strings

Post by sunnydaze »

Music store here in Taipei had their D'addario seven string sets on sale. Now I don't play a seven string, but these cost less than the same brand six string sets. Not really familiar with seven string sets so I compared the individual string gauges to the six string set I usually use (.010 - .046). First six strings exactly the same - so I load up. Get to the counter and the guy goes to great effort to explain (in English) these are seven string sets. I answered "I know" in Chinese and bought the strings.

The stores logic evades me, but happy to take the deal.

Not sure what to do with the extra .059's....

Thanks
Mike
Sunnydaze
JazzGuitarGimp

Re: Deal on strings

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I use D'Addario as well, though the last time I checked, they don't offer a heavy gauge 7 string set. So I buy their 0.013 - 0.056 six string set, as well as a single round wound 0.074 for the 7th string.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

sunnydaze wrote:Not sure what to do with the extra .059's....
It's always nice to get a good deal. Remove the 7's from the sets and sell them as a single lot on eBay. Set the starting price at the equivalent of $1 plus postage. Make it a "free" postage sale. They'll got to a good home. You'll have an additional discount. It doesn't matter if they sell for the opening price.
sunnydaze

Post by sunnydaze »

Shipping from Taiwan might be a bit high to make the EBay deal work.

Lou - I like the dunlops too, but usually go for the best deal. Too many guitars to keep stringed up, humidity is high in Taiwan - shortens string life.

Mike
Sunnydaze
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Mike,

Are you a transplant from the states? I have a good friend who left California for Honk Kong a dozen or so years ago - he's a great kryboardist, and he absolutely loves it there. Best I can tell, he's not short of gigs either, as he's playing all the time.

Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
sunnydaze

Post by sunnydaze »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Mike,

Are you a transplant from the states? I have a good friend who left California for Honk Kong a dozen or so years ago - he's a great kryboardist, and he absolutely loves it there. Best I can tell, he's not short of gigs either, as he's playing all the time.

Lou
I'm originally from Florida, but have lived here in Taipei almost 10 years. Before that I lived in Hong Kong for about three years. Been with the same Company about 18 years, started in Jax Beach, FL but travelled to our markets in Asia about four months a year before relocating to Hong Kong. Plenty of great musicians in Taipei. I just play for fun, but really enjoy playing with them at jam nights.

I love living in Taipei.

Mike
Sunnydaze