Stirs Neural pot

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dorrisant

Re: Stirs Neural pot

Post by dorrisant »

Will do. I did notice that some of them come with the cab IRs. With the tone models I have played with so far I was able to disable the cab. I think that a lot of the models available were amp and cab together, and cannot be separated.

I don't understand why anyone would model anything of real value with a cab. I can understand using the whole rig as a model if you were going to virtually take you rig to the gig, but if you are trying to pass along an amp model it should be just the amp. (Otherwise, it is like stuffing a whole sentence between parentheses.)

I'll definitely check on it this weekend and post results.

Btw, my ToneX One will be here tomorrow. :D
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

FB_IMG_1714665564859.jpg
Sorry Miles, I couldn't resist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I played Liverpool two hours yesterday. Ok. So, Keep some tube amps.

WBacer Dumble has 4 captures w/o cabs.. that amp is very good for PAF and strats. Rabea SLO destroys factory SLO. Plexis are all anemic. Voxes overcooked. We are getting there slowly.

Life got more complicated. That's all that really happened. Martin told a funny joke. Good times.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Reeltarded wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:02 am
dorrisant wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am If you've ever bought anything from IK, you may have "jam points". I applied mine for a $54 discount buying the ToneX One directly through them.
I need you to do me a favor, please.

Disable cabs and play ToneX through effect return to power and real cab. Do you have any of the add-on amp packs? I want to know if global cancelling kills all cabs.

This is a real problem for these devices overall. If the cabs can't be killed the amps are useless to me.

Pic is from the QS Guide...

Also, the ToneX Pedal works the same.

This depends on if the amp is captured by itself or with effects or cabs. Most, if not all of the Max version of the software (free with the pedal (even used)) have them separated. I haven't looked through all to verify.

The models from the ToneNet... Some a very good. Others could have been captured better, like excluding the pedals or cab. Some of these are modeled directly from a QuadCore. :roll:

But this thing (One) is ridiculous. You only get the SE version of the software, but to tell you the truth, the out of the box setup is hard to stop playing. It is a Super on ch1 and "Just800" on ch2. Since I already have the Max software, I'll load it up with some of the premium stuff.

Check out the "Premium Tone Modes" list below. You can see if they have the cabs with them or not.
I have played a lot of the models and find them all very realistic, even the ones I don't like sound just like the ones I don't like.

Next I will capture some of my stuff. Also, I have to look at the file type here and see if it is portable. Anyone else know?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I need to borrow everyone's ten best amps.

:lol:
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.