This clip rocks!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: This clip rocks!

Post by Reeltarded »

I surely understand copyrights, enough even to know there is no infringment, and no risk of legal action against you for calling your amp a whatever clone.

I don't ever want to sound unkind to the family, but hey.. 'get off'n the crack, m'kay?'.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

strato17 wrote:I apologize for deleting the files... Someone sent me a message on youtube, supposedly from the Fisher family, threatening legal action for calling my amps "trainwreck clones" and demanded that I remove them. Rather then trying to see if it was legitimate, I just deleted them.

Has anyone else had experience with this?
Believe I sent you a PM on these. My 3 fave clips of the Express includes your first one (then GK's and a cover of Beatles She Said). Could you send me a copy if possible. The riffage just kills :)
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm no Lawyer but I've been in jail a few times.

I'd tell them to go to hell and probaly worse stuff than that.
Bear

Post by Bear »

The threat must have been to limit the notion that DIY renditions could sound that good. I said it in another thread about those clips -- I would buy an amp just for the cleanish tones alone. There are all sorts of claims of fairy dust to the current "Trainwreck" models authorized by the Fischer family that might not hold water if people hear clips like that.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Rename and put it back up. They can't object once you point out you build the amp. I'd put it down to trolls.

It has occurred to me that Ken gave me a card saying he doesn't mind people making their own TW style amps. The card is on this site somewhere.

The card is in Trainwreck Files under miscellous. Surely this surely should stop any law talking dudes.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Mark, totally hear you.. but.. is it a contract? If it is, or was, it might have expired with the primary. Pedantic me...

But, we should stay away from the pedantics except for fun. The family owns the rights to the copyrighted name and trademarked logo and we can build as many clones as we can find parts for. That's fair enough, and I do believe Ken would be excited to be famous among the cool doods.

Neat guy. Cool amps.

I do understand the family going off the reservation a bit on protecting what is their's. Clone denotes not real, but not fake. These amps aren't their's, nor are the recordings, nor the right to say the word Trainwreck. That is what is important here.. I think.

Cool letter, btw. I would send a copy in reply to the address where the desist request came from... and repost the clone vids.

[img:665:981]http://ampgarage.com/forum/files/Mark_Abbotts_card.jpg[/img][/img]
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I believe the important thing is these are the wishes of the late Ken Fischer. As you say they may own the Trainwreck name though I seem to recall Jack Black had/has a band with the same name. I wonder how he is faring, though I'm sure he his cashed up enough to dismiss them.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
strato17

Post by strato17 »

Here was the message I got. Scott Fisher? Reallly???

Hey gearhead, let me look for the files again and I will let you know if I can find them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

SCOTT FISCHER YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK STOP YELLING

http://thetrainwrecksband.com/

Send him that link, tell him I said 'Giddy Up!' and :P

heh
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

All I can say is that The Ampgarage Forum has keep the Ken Fischer Trainwreck legacy alive in the interim until JM/Mona&Scott began building and selling TW amps.

Use of the name Trainwreck or logo is a no-no even though it is tempting and easy for us to forget when we are referencing our builds.

I think private builders sell more TW amps to working musicians then Trainwreck Circuits does and the family should understand many of these kats are not TAG members or active members.

Mark
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Locomotiveuhoh. That is the answer. For instance, Mark is working on a Locomotiveuhoh Dongbiter 29+1..

Yeeks.
RevD

Post by RevD »

TraynReck... Semantics.... ;) Although I do like Locomotiveuhoh... that's amusing as all get out...

Regards,

Don
Tyrannocaster

Post by Tyrannocaster »

This is preposterous. All you have to do is say "inspired by Trainwreck" and they can't touch you. That's how all those Beatles "tribute" bands get by. I agree with Trainwreck that they have a copyrighted name but as long as no one is claiming the amp is a Trainwreck and is clear that it is "inspired by Trainwreck" they haven't got a leg to stand on. Nobody should be making amps to pass off as Trainwrecks anyway, but I don't think anybody here would do that.

I never got to hear the clips. :(
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Pig Iron Booboo Expless, Roarkit, and Kidneypuddle. Whatever!

I didn't either, and I had fun talking about it. :)
strato17

Post by strato17 »

I'm still trying to find those original video clips i had on youtube. I did make a few new clips of my express and rocket a few weeks back, which can be found here: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18227