miniHRM evolution

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rogb

Re: miniHRM evolution

Post by rogb »

ampbldr2 wrote:Rog, Once you get this complete and running can you post some pics and gut shots?
I will for sure, please see my build update and why it may be a little longer :shock: :wink: :D
dreric

Post by dreric »

Messing with the boards based on 10thtx's layout and schematic:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

I've been trying to follow the Mini HRM. Are you building exactly to the 86-special schem and layout? And did you use the revG BOM?
dreric

Post by dreric »

ampbldr2 wrote:I've been trying to follow the Mini HRM. Are you building exactly to the 86-special schem and layout? And did you use the revG BOM?
BTW, sorry about the poor quality in the photos.

I am following the layout and schematic 10thtx posted a page or so back. It's not complete as it doesn't show the power supply on the layout but it was easy to lay it out on graph paper.

I wasn't aware of a BOM, I've been using parts on hand. I found the lack of photo's on this thread, the multiple versions on two web pages (here and Hoffman's) frustrating and I had an old AX84 laying around so I decided to feel my way through the build. Hopefully this will inspire others!

Eric
azatplayer

Post by azatplayer »

Hey dreric, the schem shows the screen cap and the ef86 cap, branching from the choke output. Yours appears to have them in series. Dunno if it will make a lot of difference, but the voltages thru the nodes are pretty high, it could sag below spec if following from the screen supply in series.
Nice to see some pics!
dreric

Post by dreric »

Faceplate for a 16 x 2 chassis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

dreric wrote:
ampbldr2 wrote:I've been trying to follow the Mini HRM. Are you building exactly to the 86-special schem and layout? And did you use the revG BOM?
BTW, sorry about the poor quality in the photos.

I am following the layout and schematic 10thtx posted a page or so back. It's not complete as it doesn't show the power supply on the layout but it was easy to lay it out on graph paper.

I wasn't aware of a BOM, I've been using parts on hand. I found the lack of photo's on this thread, the multiple versions on two web pages (here and Hoffman's) frustrating and I had an old AX84 laying around so I decided to feel my way through the build. Hopefully this will inspire others!

Eric
In the files section is a RevG BOM and faceplace files for the 86 special.
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14254

It would be helpful to have two posts in the files section (1) for "MT's MINI HRM" and (2) for "86-special HRM.

I found the schematic for the "MT's MINI HRM" that Colossal drew but now I can not find the link/post where i found it anymore. I was thinking I was going to build that one as starter and mod it to the ef86 in V2 later if I wanted or just build another amp.

If you can post more pics as you progress in the build would help us out.
layupe

Post by layupe »

Hi all! Im waiting for some parts (mostly caps and pots) i just ordered online and i will start buiding the 86 preamp as soon as i get them...Its not gonna be beauty, i will use an old hifi amp chassis i have around for testing purposses, power and output transformers come from there as well and at least for now i will just use these, probably the OT will be upgraded in the future if everythings goes fine and i decide to build the "final version" we will see...By the way the output section will be that in the AX84 November project with minor changes, 2x EL84 + EZ81 Rectifier switchable to diodes, etc... just for convenience as it is already there!

I will be glad to share my "adventures" in this post if it is the correct place to do so and maybe im gonna need some help from you guys so dont go too far hehehehe
Ruslan

Post by Ruslan »

HI MAT , I at all have got confused what actual diagram , This small amplifier.
mat

Post by mat »

Ruslan wrote:HI MAT , I at all have got confused what actual diagram , This small amplifier.
Hi Ruslan, what do You mean ?
mat
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

ampbldr2 wrote:I found the schematic for the "MT's MINI HRM" that Colossal drew but now I can not find the link/post where i found it anymore.
Ampbldr,

Here is the link to the schematic: http://ampgarage.com/forum/files/mts_mini_hrm_190.pdf

And here is the link to the original discussion of Mat's Mini HRM:
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
Ruslan

Post by Ruslan »

It is checked up schematic el 84 ef 86 12ax7 [IMG:640:482]http://i073.radikal.ru/1105/17/f4cafc072ab1.jpg[/img] It is real actual schematic????
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Per Mat, who developed the amp ............ this is a copy of the schematic which he reviewed and stated represented his amp along with the voltages that he gave me regarding his amp.

I don't know if he has tweaked it any more beyond the original, you'd need to ask him?

There is an ExpressSCH editable version of it here:
http://www.el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=9149.0

With respect, 10thtx
mat

Post by mat »

Hi Ruslan,

Sorry for the late responce. Check the 10thTx's schem. That is how my amp is wired. No mods after that. No build/tweak time at all for me :cry:
mat
talbany

Post by talbany »

Sorry late to this party..Looks like a cool amp although I am not a big fan of the SE amps..I have messed around with this EF86 circuit and will add by changing the value on the 820k is a good way of playing around with the gain structure on that 86.. Mat...Did you play around with this and arrive at the 820..Just wondering..

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"