Trouble getting into the forum

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pullshocks

Re: Trouble getting into the forum

Post by pullshocks »

I can log in to the forum, but get a message "The requeted information cannot be found." The only way I can get to the forums is by using a search window "Board Index" and other navigation buttons are broken or glitchy.

Strangely, the Private Message system has been functional the whole time....
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

BTW, this is what I'm seeing wrt missing graphics: Anybody else seeing this? Response is extremely slow too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Today it's working. I cleared cache and deleted cookies a few days ago and that seemed to have helped a great deal. It's a bit slow, but not below the range of "OK."
didit

Post by didit »

Phil_S wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:31 pm Today it's working. I cleared cache and deleted cookies a few days ago and that seemed to have helped a great deal. It's a bit slow, but not below the range of "OK."
This reflects my experience since Saturday when I scrubbed TAG cookies etc from each browser on all devices --- FWIW.

GAStan

Post by GAStan »

martin manning wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:05 pm BTW, this is what I'm seeing wrt missing graphics: Anybody else seeing this? Response is extremely slow too.
I was seeing this too but the other day I completely cleared out TAG from my browser and it's been working great since. I'm using Android (Samsung tablet and phone) with Chrome browser. Here's what I did:

Closed ALL but one tab I had TAG open on.
Cleared TAG cookies
Closed the last TAG tab.
Closed Chrome.
Restarted Chrome browser.
Opened new tab to Google.
Searched The Amp Garage
Used link that Google gave me to open TAG. This part proved to be important, using a link directly typed into the address field caused TAG to mis-behave as it was before.
Glenn

I solder better than I play.
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

To clarify I only closed the tabs with TAG, I left several others open that did reopen when I restarted Chrome. I think the key was to clean out not only cookies but anything cached pertaining to TAG.
Glenn

I solder better than I play.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

I've been trying that regularly. Today I cleared all history from Safari, and then deleted cookies for TAG using the "Delete Cookies" trash can icon at the bottom of the forum page. All of the graphic objects are now back, and the response is good. :^)
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

I'm just lucky; I did absolutely nothing, and it just started working again the other day. I'll take it!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Let me know if things seem better, I purged the forums internal cache as well to see if maybe it's storing some garbage in there.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:18 pm Let me know if things seem better, I purged the forums internal cache as well to see if maybe it's storing some garbage in there.

~Phil
Everything is back to normal for me. Is the forum software located on a dedicated server? Are you able to reboot the server?
https://sluckeyamps.com/index.htm
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

It's a shared server, I cannot reboot it. It runs linux, which about 99.99999% does not need a reboot to fix odd behavior unlike windows, but I also cannot reboot it, it's one of those setups where maybe 5 or 6 different domains/services are hosted on the same server.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!